Gibson Brands Forums

60's Gibson lg-0 neck reset or truss rod adjustment?

Rome

So I'm new round here so hello.

Recently I bought this 60's lg-0 with lots cracks and little issues. The question I have is the actions high and I don't know how to fix it.

When I look down the neck from the headstock the neck looks dead straight right up until the neck meets the body where there's a dramatic bow.

Almost like the neck is bending up away from the body.

There's also a small crack at the heel. Very fine but very noticeable.

So my question is should I try a truss rod adjustment? Or is it a matter of resetting the neck?

Thanks in advance

So I'm new round here so hello.

Recently I bought this 60's lg-0 with lots cracks and little issues. The question I have is the actions high and I don't know how to fix it.

When I look down the neck from the headstock the neck looks dead straight right up until the neck meets the body where there's a dramatic bow.

Almost like the neck is bending up away from the body.

There's also a small crack at the heel. Very fine but very noticeable.

So my question is should I try a truss rod adjustment? Or is it a matter of resetting the neck?

Thanks in advance

Welcome! I think we will need some pictures to attempt a diagnosis. I'm not sure what "neck bending away from the body" means. I am going to go ahead and say that the truss rod is not going to help. The truss rod can only straighten the neck between the headstock and 14th fret (or wherever the body joins).

I used to have one of these guitars so I will make an educated guess: the neck needs to be reset, heel repaired and the "top belly" needs to be addressed. These guitars are ladder braced and very commonly have a hump right around the bridge area. This causes the action to rise to unplayable levels.

Congrats on your LG-0! These are great little guitars. I am a big fan.

Archived