Gibson Brands Forums

2009 Juno Awards Epiphone Les Paul Junior?

scorch3

Hi everyone. Sorry to post what is essentially a help me with a guitar decision thread but it is about a somewhat interesting guitar so I figured it would at least have some value.

I recently put my Epi Dot Studio on Kijiji as I don't play it and someone contacted me about a possible trade. He offered a "2009 Juno Awards Epiphone Junior", now I've heard some pretty mixed reviews on the Junior Les Paul and I really wanted something that played nice but this guitar seemed like it might be quite rare and that intrigued me. Anyone know any more about them or what they might be worth? I haven't really been able to find any info about the guitar aside from the fact that it was a contest prize. Heres a picture of it he sent me.

photo2.jpg

I'd also be interested in hearing some opinions on the Epiphone Junior Les Pauls if anyone would like to share. I'm curious as to how it sounds as the Dot never really sounded very good through my amp (Fender Champ 600).

I bought this guitar last weekend, and I went from Guitar Center straight to the gig (without breaking it in first), and it behaved beautifully with a great sound. No string buzz or anything. By the fifth song I was in love with it.

Archived