Gibson Brands Forums

The Firebird Has Landed \m/ \m/

DuaLeaD

Gibson Custom Shop 1965 Firebird VII in "Pelham Blue" !!!!

My dream guitar has arrived!!!! So apparently my local music shop Dietz Music in Lincoln, NE informed me that Mr. Taylor (of Taylor guitars) had bought out all the magical ebony forests and Gibson didn't want to deal with that, so I had to go with Ridgelite (or however you spell it) for the fretboard. I was nervous, but I honestly can't even tell the difference. Everything about the construction of this guitar is superb. It was going up for $4,200 on Musician's Friend but my dealer informed me the only color available was "Polaris White" which is bomb, but I pushed for "Pelham Blue" with chrome hardware (because I know nitro would yellow the guitar just like my "Alpine White" Les Paul Supreme and gold hardware tends to tarnish after awhile. So I ended up bombing $7,000 for the guitar of my dreams. Whether or not I got robbed, I will leave you to decide. I don't think about the price one bit when I play her though. It has the MOST PERFECT vintage rhythm guitar growl I have ever heard in my LIFE!!!! The lead guitar sounds great too. I was playing Cheap Trick's "Surrender" and Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World" the other day and it absolutely kicks *** on those songs.

Videos to come soon!! I just knew I had to post some pics of this "in the flesh" since the commercial pics don't do it justice:

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3447.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

7k is a hefty chunk of change, but if its the guitar of all your dreams the cost is a mere bag of shells, & let's not forget you will cherish this guitar for as long as you have air in your lungs, I speak from experience as I am a guitar junky & will never detox also I too just procured the finale guitar of my dreams,I have some words in historic collection about my addiction, so goodluck with your newfound joy.

PS COOL PICTURES,HOW DO YOU DO THAT

7k is a hefty chunk of change, but if its the guitar of all your dreams the cost is a mere bag of shells, & let's not forget you will cherish this guitar for as long as you have air in your lungs, I speak from experience as I am a guitar junky & will never detox also I too just procured the finale guitar of my dreams,I have some words in historic collection about my addiction, so goodluck with your newfound joy.

PS COOL PICTURES,HOW DO YOU DO THAT

Amen

Well, I took the pictures with a high-end point and shoot Cannon S90 (saving up for a semi-pro DSLR camera eventually). I used Photobucket like most on here to upload them. The site has convenient links so you can post to forums easily.

Archived