Gibson Brands Forums

Changing tuners on AJ 100CE

Mark5260

Hello, Can anyone help me with some info. I want to upgrade the tuners on a EPI AJ 100CE. can any one help and tell which tuners would be the easiest to install which would not require any drilling, routing or cutting. I am leaning towards Grovers. Please help with any info you can pass along. Thaks!

Mark5260

Beth55@windstream.net

For a guitar of that price point you won't be adding much value to it by adding better tuner's. While you can put $100 (US) tuner's on it but your still stuck with low-grade wood and craftsmanship. Why not keep this cheep guitar for banging around on and invest in a better guitar all around. I've got a cheep old guitar I'll take to friends out-door jam's that I don't really mind passing around for everyone to have a go at playing. Now my main guitar, an FT-79 Texan that cost me around $400 (US) in 2011, I always cringe at letting just anyone play it, it's not a 2K+ Gibson but it is my baby and I treat it like one.

I agree with Ray, but if your set on replacing the turners the link below should be straight out replacements. I would save the old turners and put them back on if you decide to sell the guitar later. If you're replacing the turners due to tuning issues then it maybe something else other than the turning causing the problem.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_Tuners/Grover_Midsize_Rotomatics_3L3R.html?tab=Specs

Archived