Gibson Brands Forums

Tried to charge with wrong adapter, now defunct

Kinx

Friend of mine have tried to charge his 1st run Robot Guitar (blue metallic one) with wrong adapter (24V instead of 12V) and unfortunately, after a while (few minutes of charging) MCK stopped to give any indication and tuning system stopped working altogether.

not only that tuning system doesn't work, output signal from pickups is also much weaker than it used to be - otherwise all tone controls work (pickup switching, tone knobs, volume knob...).

Guitar does not react even if we plug proper power supply, is there any troubleshooting method to find out what's wrong? Should we replace all of body electronics, or is there any way to replace just "some of it"? I'm really puzzled with sound issue, I've always thought that tuning circuit is completely isolated from pickup wiring.

Sending guitar to official dealer is kinda tricky over here, as there is no official Gibson dealership in my country (Czech Republic).

thank you very much for your advices.

Friend of mine have tried to charge his 1st run Robot Guitar (blue metallic one) with wrong adapter (24V instead of 12V) and unfortunately, after a while (few minutes of charging) MCK stopped to give any indication and tuning system stopped working altogether.

not only that tuning system doesn't work, output signal from pickups is also much weaker than it used to be - otherwise all tone controls work (pickup switching, tone knobs, volume knob...).

Guitar does not react even if we plug proper power supply, is there any troubleshooting method to find out what's wrong? Should we replace all of body electronics, or is there any way to replace just "some of it"? I'm really puzzled with sound issue, I've always thought that tuning circuit is completely isolated from pickup wiring.

Sending guitar to official dealer is kinda tricky over here, as there is no official Gibson dealership in my country (Czech Republic).

thank you very much for your advices.

Sounds like brain damage to me, Friend and MCK and maybe wiring and battery! Tronical rep may have some info.

Archived