Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Byrdland in Nova Scotia

Roosto7

That would be min. Shipping to US, i'd probably want money order or buyer to provide paypal fees. I've got a paypal account but haven't used it yet. I've always used EMT up here in Canada and haven't bought or sold to the US.

That would be min. Shipping to US, i'd probably want money order or buyer to provide paypal fees. I've got a paypal account but haven't used it yet. I've always used EMT up here in Canada and haven't bought or sold to the US.

Bunky, you'd better add some extra verbage in your Ad to protect yourself from the possible misguided wrath of unknowledgable US buyers. The majority of potential buyers in the US have never bought anything from outside the US, because nearly everything available in the world is already available in the US. Therefore they've never experienced being charged brokerage fees by the shipping company, or Duties or Sales Taxes charged by their own government. The first time it happens, they'll blame YOU for scamming them (thinking that YOU knew about this but didn't tell them) and then file a complaint with Paypal, who may freeze your account pending investigation.

Your shipping-included price is fine for Canadian buyers, but I recommend specifying that is for Canada only.

For the US folks reading this, I'm not picking on you in particular. We have the same thing here in Canada with first time Canadian buyers making purchases off eBay or whatever. You'll note that a lot of eBay sellers either refuse to sell to buyers outside the US, or they put a lot of warnings for non-US buyers about extra charges they'll be facing. These sellers have already been through the scenario I outlined above.

Bunky, you'd better add some extra verbage in your Ad to protect yourself from the possible misguided wrath of unknowledgable US buyers. The majority of potential buyers in the US have never bought anything from outside the US, because nearly everything available in the world is already available in the US. Therefore they've never experienced being charged brokerage fees by the shipping company, or Duties or Sales Taxes charged by their own government. The first time it happens, they'll blame YOU for scamming them (thinking that YOU knew about this but didn't tell them) and then file a complaint with Paypal, who may freeze your account pending investigation.

Your shipping-included price is fine for Canadian buyers, but I recommend specifying that is for Canada only.

For the US folks reading this, I'm not picking on you in particular. We have the same thing here in Canada with first time Canadian buyers making purchases off eBay or whatever. You'll note that a lot of eBay sellers either refuse to sell to buyers outside the US, or they put a lot of warnings for non-US buyers about extra charges they'll be facing. These sellers have already been through the scenario I outlined above.

Yeah i'm hoping to sell within Canada first. But thats a good headup to five US buyers, thanks. I would suggest to htem first giving me money order as i don't trust people or paypal. I would provide copious references though. Also i'd probably do paypal if the buyer was a familiar face on forums that had some good refences themselves.

Archived