Gibson Brands Forums

used 1930's Sj 200 Rosewood RI

JuanCarlosVejar

I was at Dave's in November. If you are ever close you have to go. You would have to spend the day on just the acoustics. If you like electrics a day for that. His new lines are some of the finest acoustic guitars being built. If you like to A and B, Dave's is the place. Check out his inventory list of just Gibson acoustic stuff. He has his collection upstairs. The store is well organized and very well kept. The Double Vine J200 was hanging on the wall like a work of art. I had limited time so I did not get it down. From a short distance it was breath taking. Dave likes nice guitars and he has them in his shop.

Terry

if anyone wants one . this one is used and the asking price is : $4250

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson/75th-anniversary-golden-age-1930s-sj-200-limited-edition-12/

the original owner had a strap button placed on it

JC

Thanks Juan.Thats so interesting...and about the price of maple TV.

Owner sure didnt keep it very long...I wonder why? Its always interesting to know.

Another interesting one is the ornate Braz over priced one on ebay.

Closest Im going to get to them though is the pictures.

Thanks Juan.Thats so interesting...and about the price of maple TV.

Owner sure didnt keep it very long...I wonder why? Its always interesting to know.

Another interesting one is the ornate Braz over priced one on ebay.

Closest Im going to get to them though is the pictures.

Nick ,

I'm guessing he needed cash . or maybe it was just to boomy for him who knows

JC

I was at Dave's in November. If you are ever close you have to go. You would have to spend the day on just the acoustics. If you like electrics a day for that. His new lines are some of the finest acoustic guitars being built. If you like to A and B, Dave's is the place. Check out his inventory list of just Gibson acoustic stuff. He has his collection upstairs. Dave likes nice guitars and he has them in his shop.

Terry

I'll second that. I've been to Dave Rogers' store two or three times, and have purchased a number of guitars from them. They've always been great to deal with.

And Dave's collection, upstairs, is well worth seeing:

IMG_1333.jpg

DaveswalloguitarsmostlyGibsons2.jpg

Daveswalloguitars2.jpg

Just too much fun!

Fred

Hi Juan..

What do you think of the Rosewood Reiisue compared to your maple TV..

Tell me some details

Thanks

Nick ,

the rosewood one is still at Fuller's.

so I can't really give an opinion yet .

I can tell you about the maple TV though ,the maple really adds clarity and seperation to the notes .

It's a real joy to play and just great for strumming which is what I do most .

you can fingerpick and play blues on it ... Bob R and I went through a series of emails were we discussed why he chose

the 30's maple reissue over the 30's rosewood version ... he said it was because you can play stuff like Rev.Gary Davis on it .

the rosewood one they play on the music villa video has mystic rosewood ... mine has the rosewood they picked out for these guitars .

I believe that a greatly figured piece of rosewood is not always the best sounding piece ... so that's why I didn't request mystic rosewoood on mine.

Buc McMaster is a lefty and lives close to Fuller's I asked him to demo the guitar but he said he was a bit busy.

I Pm'd him again to see if he wants to demo the 3 guitars ( SJ 200 rosewood,L00 and J 35) .

JC

Archived