Gibson Brands Forums

1950 Frequensator tailpiece

LA David

I have had a 1950 Emperor Regent for over 40 years. The gold Frequensator tailpiece has broken at the 90 degree angle of the bass (see photo). I know there are new knockoffs available, but I'd like to replace the broken part with a vintage match. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

David

post-52293-011869500 1357855000_thumb.jpg

I have had a 1950 Emperor Regent for over 40 years. The gold Frequensator tailpiece has broken at the 90 degree angle of the bass (see photo). I know there are new knockoffs available, but I'd like to replace the broken part with a vintage match. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

David

I see no photo

The pix was so small I couldn't really see what you're talking about.

I don't know what you might be able to find in a big city, but... frankly my first thought would be to go to a high quality machine/welding shop and have it repaired. A real artist with metals can get you back pretty much to original shape - and the fact that it's still "the" original part... well, I get nostalgic about my old guitars.

m

The pix was so small I couldn't really see what you're talking about.

I don't know what you might be able to find in a big city, but... frankly my first thought would be to go to a high quality machine/welding shop and have it repaired. A real artist with metals can get you back pretty much to original shape - and the fact that it's still "the" original part... well, I get nostalgic about my old guitars.

m

Milod: I think that's a good idea. I'll look for a good metal shop and see what they say. Sorry about the size of the photo. I now realize that photos of it that I had posted elsewhere had used up my upload quota. Much better photos can be found about half way down the page here: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/96180-is-my-emperor-regent-an-imposter/.

Thanks.

David

It's a gorgeous box.

BTW, the pup is one I used on a far, far lesser Harmony archtop in the late '60s. It should be in a box somewhere hidden from my view after around 11 moves. #$%#$%@# it worked quite well, I'll add.

m

• 6 months later...

Archived