Gibson Brands Forums

Info and possible value for Epiphone PR100, help a noob out :)

todd2000

I'm trying to get some info on this Guitar for a friend, his Dad bought it for him when he was younger, and he never had an interest in it. Neither one of us know anything about Guiars, so I figured I'de ask you guys. It is a Gibson Epiphone PR-100/NA and the Serial Number is SI 91008475.

From what I've found online I think It was made in Samick Indonesia on Oct. 8th, 1999 am I reading the SN right?

The only thing Im not sure of is that it has an elongated headstock, which according to http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php?title=PR-Series, means it should have been made in 2000-2003, did some of the 99's also have them? I know a year doesn't make a big difference just trying to get accurate info. Also what, if anything does the NA in the model number mean?

It's really never been played, but has not been kept in a case so it has some scratches and marks on the back and around the edges from being moved around for 13 years. It needs to be re-stringed, it is missing 2 strings, apparently someone started re-stringing it (why I'm not sure) and never finished. Any idea as to what it might be worth? Also do I have all the info right? I can post better pics later when my camera charges, these are from my phone.

Thanks!

IMG_20130213_123855_zpsdb7b4b7c.jpg

IMG_20130213_123849_zpsad420df5.jpg

That's a standard issue PR100NA which translates as to having a Natural Finish on the top. It was also available in VS Vintage Sunburst and both sold new at Guitar Center for $109.99. It has a fully laminated body which means it's basically all Marine grade plywood with a Mahogany neck. The head stock is the normal Epiphone design for acoustic guitars. I'm 99% sure it is the cheapest bottom line acoustic Epiphone offers. It should play acceptable for a person who mostly plays basic chords on the first 3-4 frets, but it would need some adjustments to make it play acceptable higher up on the neck. They can be made to play nice, but it takes some work to get there. A giutar of this condition would be $50-60 used.

Hope this helps,

Mark Keesee

Archived