Gibson Brands Forums

Is my vibrola correct or off?

Bullhorn64

it's a 2002 firebird III historic it's there is no space between it and the guitar and the part where strings are attached it is touching the metal and the strings have space between where the strings are held and the strings themselves which I read was not correct. And if you an tell how to post pics I know that would help.

yes, thats right. My Flying V is like that aswell

859554_4382592610316_314744895_o.jpg

the way this trem system works, its like a leaf spring. very expressive small action. its not meant to go crazy with. ALTHOUGH IVE PROVEN THAT WRONG hehe... try bending down with it, youll see it works still because the bending point is actually above the guitar.

You picture won't show for some reason mind posting a link to the page? I was reading the vintage ones have a small space between the guiar a vibrola, as well like said before strings should touch the the part the holds strings. And apparently is the past 6-7 years they have gone to ****...

yeah the vibrola equipped guitars imo are just vintage awesome liquid cool sauce.

a roller bridge would help minimize your string breakage, and also improve your use of the vibrola, but i dont think you can use them on your axe. BUT you got a big old stop bar as a bridge lol works better imo enjoy

\m/

Archived