Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Case for Masterbilt AJ500

MB500

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is a current production Epiphone hardshell case that will fit the Masterbilt AJ500R slope shouldered acoustic? I have seen a current Epiphone hardshell case advertised for their AJ guitars and was wondering if anyone has purchased it for their Masterbilt AJ? I know they are not making the original Masterbilt cases that used to come with the early Masterbilts. Thanks.

As Alfonso said. I have an AJ500RE (rosewood instead of mahogany back and sides) and the EDREAD case is a nice plush fit. Not vise-tight, but a nice fit.

Based on personal experience (again; I know...), Masterbilt AJs are not all quite the same size, especially the lower bout. From memory, I would say bewtween 1/2" and 1" difference. I once bought a non-Epi case in which one fit (tightly), but the other one would not. Measure c-a-r-e-f-u-l-ly.

The EDREAD will take any Masterbilt AJ (and I presume DR as well), and other Epi dreads with the long headstock (Texan, etc.).

I received the Epiphone 940 EDREAD case for my Masterbilt 500 RE and it is a very good fit. The case looks sturdy, padded and lots of room in accessory pocket. I think this is a good choice for that guitar line. Although I'm sure there are other good choices too.Thanks for the information.

Archived