Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Memory Cable

Bikegawd

I just purchased the new Gibson Memory Cable and, so far, it seems to work well. I have one problem that maybe I can get some help on. I am supposed to be able to set the time/date on the memory card and then it sets the proper time/date for the controller. I have done it a dozen times and it still goes back the default time/date. This drives me crazy when I go back to listen to each file.

Here is where the change has made and saved on the card in the config file. It all seems ok:

# SetRTCDate: Sets the data to this value on the boot.

# Store the data of today in here, put the card into the Cable and switch on the device.

# Format: YYYYMMDD decimal, for example 20120831 ...

# Integer values

# min: 20000101

# max: 20991231

#SetRTCDate=20140521

# SetRTCtime: Sets the time to this value on the boot.

# Store a the value in here, put the card into the Cable and wait until the time stored here is reached.

# Then switch on the device.

# Format: HHMM decimal, 24h format, for example 1030, 2332 ...

# Integer values

# min: 0

# max: 2359

#SetRTCTime=1215

I just purchased the new Gibson Memory Cable and, so far, it seems to work well. I have one problem that maybe I can get some help on. I am supposed to be able to set the time/date on the memory card and then it sets the proper time/date for the controller. I have done it a dozen times and it still goes back the default time/date. This drives me crazy when I go back to listen to each file.

Here is where the change has made and saved on the card in the config file. It all seems ok:

# SetRTCDate: Sets the data to this value on the boot.

# Store the data of today in here, put the card into the Cable and switch on the device.

# Format: YYYYMMDD decimal, for example 20120831 ...

# Integer values

# min: 20000101

# max: 20991231

#SetRTCDate=20140521

# SetRTCtime: Sets the time to this value on the boot.

# Store a the value in here, put the card into the Cable and wait until the time stored here is reached.

# Then switch on the device.

# Format: HHMM decimal, 24h format, for example 1030, 2332 ...

# Integer values

# min: 0

# max: 2359

#SetRTCTime=1215

You will just need to remove the “#” character (comment marker) at the beginning of the lines with “SetRTCDate=“ and “SetRTCTime=“ in them. Did you try this already?

You will just need to remove the “#” character (comment marker) at the beginning of the lines with “SetRTCDate=“ and “SetRTCTime=“ in them. Did you try this already?

I did do that. It did not work. I finally removed the little battery that is used for keeping this info. When I did this I found a little tab that was in there to keep the battery fresh (I assume). There is no mention anywhere that this needs to be removed. After doing this, it worked fine.

Thanx for the reply.

• 1 month later...

I did do that. It did not work. I finally removed the little battery that is used for keeping this info. When I did this I found a little tab that was in there to keep the battery fresh (I assume). There is no mention anywhere that this needs to be removed. After doing this, it worked fine.

Thanx for the reply.

+1, I had the same problem. The tell-tale sign was that when I powered on the cable, the blue LED was blinking as though it had a low (RTC) battery. I went to jiggle the battery around (assuming it had come loose during shipping) and that little tab fell out into my hand. Now it works perfectly and the clock setting has taken hold.

Archived