Gibson Brands Forums

A friend's Custom Shop AJ Madagascar/Adi

GDC

Played a couple EIR/Sitkas Eddie, but probably not enough to be definitive in my description.

The Mad/Adi is louder and a bit more crisp, I'd say. A bit better sustain, too. At least to my eras. Has a tad more clarity, too, for lack of a better word. Some might probably call the Mad/Adi harsh, I'd think. I really like it, though. I'm not sure which I like better.

I like those EIR/Sitkas a lot too. Can't go wrong with either.

That's been my experience with new Adi, too.... takes a little while to mellow out some. I like 'em though. Both my Gibsons have sitka.

I think we'll just play the soup out of it and open it up some the old fashion way.

That's a great looking Western 200 Eddie...

=D>/

I think we'll just play the soup out of it and open it up some the old fashion way.

That's a great looking Western 200 Eddie...

Thanks... it has an adi top too' date=' and I'm really enjoying it. I'm opening it up, as you mention, the "old fashioned" way (mostly). I do occasionally sit it in front of the Polks and play my favorite music to it, though...

Oh, that's not an actual picture of my guitar, although it looks exactly like that. I just pulled one off the 'net that was better than anything I could produce...[/color']

Archived