Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Shop Ebony ES335 with Bigsby

Mark Simpkin

I have recently purchased a ES335 Custom Shop. I've been trying to find out more about it technically and have not had much luck as yet.

The Serial Number is CS150414 and I would like to know everything I can about it. Can you guide me or send me information that will help me know this fantastic instrument more completely please.

post-69641-071389300 1419822576_thumb.jpg

I have recently purchased a ES335 Custom Shop. I've been trying to find out more about it technically and have not had much luck as yet.

The Serial Number is CS150414 and I would like to know everything I can about it. Can you guide me or send me information that will help me know this fantastic instrument more completely please.

post-69641-071389300 1419822576_thumb.jpg

You purchased an ES-355 not an ES-335. Based on the Serial it looks to be a 2011 Custom Shop Ebony with Bigsby. So you would have the ebony fretboard as opposed to the Ritchlite ones on the 2014 models.

Where did you purchase the guitar?

You purchased an ES-355 not an ES-335. Based on the Serial it looks to be a 2011 Custom Shop Ebony with Bigsby. So you would have the ebony fretboard as opposed to the Ritchlite ones on the 2014 models.

Where did you purchase the guitar?

It has the Ebony Fretboard so 2011 narrows it down thank you, however, I would still love to get my hand on the specification of the instrument so hopefully I will learn more soon.

maple body

1-piece mahogany neck

ebony fretboard

24-3/4" scale length

two '57 Classic humbuckers

ABR-1 bridge

Bigsby vibrato

Grover tuners

gold hardware

multi-ply cream body binding

ebony finish

I know cos I have the same guitar. But you know you could've just Googled the specs....

So where did you pick up the guitar? They're hard to come by....The 2011's that is....

• 2 weeks later...

I found it by chance second hand in a Guitar Shop in Adelaide South Australia. Weird, I've been wanting one of these for a while but hadn't thought about it until two days earlier. I went the shop to buy some picks and came out with the Ebony 355.

maple body

1-piece mahogany neck

ebony fretboard

24-3/4" scale length

two '57 Classic humbuckers

ABR-1 bridge

Bigsby vibrato

Grover tuners

gold hardware

multi-ply cream body binding

ebony finish

I know cos I have the same guitar. But you know you could've just Googled the specs....

So where did you pick up the guitar? They're hard to come by....The 2011's that is....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the ES-355. Although I'm partial to Vintage Sunburst. I believe that yours may have been built in Nashville by the Historics team.

What would make you believe it was built in Nashville? All ES guitars are built in Memphis (check the label). Unless I'm missing something here?

Archived