Gibson Brands Forums

Some help with my Zakk Wylde Les Paul Bullseye

(Obs. Originally posted in the section "Introduce Yourself")

Hello, folks. Greetings from Brazil.

My name is Carlos Eduardo. I would be really thankfull if someone could help me to elucidate some questions about my Gibson Les Paul Zakk Wylde Custom Shop Bullseye. It was recently acquired. The serial number, as you can see in the pictures, is "ZW 707". Unfortunately, one of the previous owners has lost it's tags/docs, so that my doubts are as it follows:

- Is it really an authentic Bullseye? (I really think so, but a second opinion would not be bad)

- Is it possible to know the year of manufacture based only on the serial number?

Thanks!

PS. Please let me know if more photos are needed.

post-71251-055610100 1426868183_thumb.jpg

post-71251-072663800 1426868203_thumb.jpg

post-71251-093764500 1426868244_thumb.jpg

post-71251-058753900 1426868251_thumb.jpg

post-71251-012897500 1426868278_thumb.jpg

Hello Carlos, and welcome here.

As far as I can see from your pictures, the guitar is legit. No visible alarm signals.

When about year of manufacturing, it could be useful to post an inquiry using this form: http://www2.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx

I think they also can tell you if yours has an ebony or a Richlite fretboard but I believe you already know. Considering the serial number I guess it's ebony.

Hope this helps.

Hello Carlos, and welcome here.

As far as I can see from your pictures, the guitar is legit. No visible alarm signals.

When about year of manufacturing, it could be useful to post an inquiry using this form: http://www2.gibson.com/Gibson/Talk-2-Us.aspx

I think they also can tell you if yours has an ebony or a Richlite fretboard but I believe you already know. Considering the serial number I guess it's ebony.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, capmaster. Yes, i believe it's an ebony fretboard. This guitar is probably from the late 90's, as i've been told (and judging by the overall condition, the aging process, looks reasonable). I've just sent a message to Customer Service about the serial number. Thanks.

Archived