Gibson Brands Forums

New 2015 Historic Additions?

Malchik

I've heard from my local distributor (Yorkville) that the Historic line is going to be retooled in the next coming month. Any chance for an SG Custom or Les Paul Jr. re-release? I've seen some Historic Juniors on Music Zoo and Sweetwater but not available to general stores.

I've heard from my local distributor (Yorkville) that the Historic line is going to be retooled in the next coming month. Any chance for an SG Custom or Les Paul Jr. re-release? I've seen some Historic Juniors on Music Zoo and Sweetwater but not available to general stores.

That is because the Music Zoo and Sweetwater ordered them. If Yorkville doesn't order them, they wont get them. The custom shop is not in the business of making guitars for stock, only to fill orders, with some exceptions like the CC models, so the "general stores" need to place an order.

OK, maybe I should ask: Is the Historic SG Customs and Juniors still available for order?

Most likely because other stores have them. I have not heard that they were discontinued. Have your favorite dealer contact Gibson.

Archived