Gibson Brands Forums

Keb Mo au natural Question

RonSenf

Okay. Probably not a good question to ask here as the answer seems pretty obvious in as much it isn't on the Gibson list. Since this model is no longer made does that mean it is a collectible? In 50 years? Don't see a lot of love for this guitar but I like it pretty good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I was told by GC that this au natural model of Keb Mo is no longer in production. Is it true? This is a really sweet sounding parlor guitar.

It's true...they were from the first batch of 300. Then they changed the specs a bit...lowered the price and made a bunch more. The back strip was eliminated on the more recent builds too.

I have one that looks just like yours sitting on the guitar stand...right over there --------->

As for it being collectible....that usually means the price has gone up...but I don't think that will be the case with these since now Gibson is selling them for about 70% of what the original run sold for. Pretty unusual for gibson, huh? To LOWER the price of a guitar?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Guitar... I dont think many were made with a natural finish.. .. the rate Gibson is going with the crap there building now.. it maybe collectible sooner than later..

Yeah...well I ain't planning to cash in on it since I'm in my seventies. But I will say this: It is a nice sounding guitar that is very playable.

Also I might add that when l purchased it from the GC store in Texas it's action was quite high; 8.5/64" on the bass E @ the twelfth and 6/64" on the treble e. That surprised me and I speculated it might have been why the original owner got rid of it. I really liked the tone when I first picked it and knew I could easily remedy the action problem.

Archived