Gibson Brands Forums: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Fantastic mic pre's for the money!!!

#1 User is offline   guitarlegends1 

• Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

If you're looking for a good USB audio interface, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a great little unit. The portability is fantastic, and it sounds great. Perfect for a project studio.. I've attached my unboxing / setup video of the Focusrite Scarlett below. Check it out to see what an acoustic guitar sounds like without any EQ applied to it! I'm really happy with it as a great little addition to my studio.

http://youtu.be/68G7-DJEOvM
"In the physical universe, there are objects that include suns, planets, all life, and all matter in all dimensions. And then there is the space where all these things exist. That space is the vital element. For virtually every kid since 1968 who picked up a guitar to find his voice on the instrument, Jimmy Page has been the space that enables all our notes to be played." -- Steve Vai

Check out my youtube channel for a ton of song and guitar lessons!
http://www.youtube.com/guitarlegends1

#2 User is offline   JPmusic 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

View Postguitarlegends1, on 02 September 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

If you're looking for a good USB audio interface, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a great little unit. The portability is fantastic, and it sounds great. Perfect for a project studio.. I've attached my unboxing / setup video of the Focusrite Scarlett below. Check it out to see what an acoustic guitar sounds like without any EQ applied to it! I'm really happy with it as a great little addition to my studio.

http://youtu.be/68G7-DJEOvM

I agree - it's is a very capable little unit. Unfortunately for me, the windows based recording environment learning curve, just a bit too steep. Going back to either e stand alone daw, or my trusty 4 trk cassette, :)

So my Scarlett 2i2 is currently for sale on Craigslist.

#3 User is offline   Cougar 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationThe Wild West

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

My old computer died, so of course I got a new computer, which of course comes with a new operating system. Well, the new operating system didn't like my old version of cubase AI, so I sprung for cubase elements, which I'm sure is better than AI anyway. So I'm ready to record again, right? Incorrect. There is no new driver for my (very) old Tascam interface, so my instruments cannot talk to my computer. So I sprung for a Scarlett 2i2, which I've heard good things about (and reportedly it does not require a driver with my operating system). Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Yes, JPmusic, even with a Mac it'll take a little doing to get a home studio up and running, mainly due to the intricacies of cubase. But man, with essentially unlimited tracks, I think it's worth it!
  • 2018 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe 12-string rosewood burst
  • 2011 Guild F50R burst
  • 2002 Guild JF30-12 burst
  • 2014 Martin GPC12PA4 12-string
  • 2012 Epiphone Lennon EJ-160E VS
  • 1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string burst
  • 2012 Epiphone Dot trans cherry
  • 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber
  • Yamaha Motif XS7

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic