Gibson Brands Forums: No Hole Pickup Covers - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

No Hole Pickup Covers

#1 User is offline   bemb 

• Group: All Access

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

I have a set of Gibson Dirty Finger Pickups and want to put them into a nickel no hole pickup cover, is there anything special I need to do before soldering it in, like maybe but a piece of tape over the pole pieces. If anyone knows, fire back at me! I am thinking off covering the pole pieces so they dont contact the metal and cause me any problems. Thanks in Advance!

#2 User is offline   Seasoned NYer 

• Constant Awareness
  • LocationAcorneffensaugh

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:27 PM

View Postbemb, on 21 October 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

I have a set of Gibson Dirty Finger Pickups and want to put them into a nickel no hole pickup cover, is there anything special I need to do before soldering it in, like maybe but a piece of tape over the pole pieces. If anyone knows, fire back at me! I am thinking off covering the pole pieces so they dont contact the metal and cause me any problems. Thanks in Advance!

Many people say that covering adjustment screws is a no-no, especially with high output double-row pickups. I must say I agree.

But, if the size of the pictured cover is compatible with the DFs, who knows, it may look pretty cool!

A quick internet search should lead you to a purchase option...in Philadelphia. If you decide to go this route, end-result photos please?

---

===> Attached File  pc.jpg (20.7K)
Number of downloads: 2

This post has been edited by Seasoned NYer: 02 November 2018 - 06:29 PM

#3 User is offline   bemb 

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for the reply, I have decided to sell the pickups and leave the originals in the LP, I did buy 2 different cover sets for them, a full cover and an open center cover, the opens look good on them because it leaves the df open to see and just provide a border around them and the full cover looks good too. I bought them from philadelphia luthiers. Any how thanks for the input.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users