Gibson Brands Forums

Winter Namm 2012

motorcitychick

Almost time for the winter Namm Show 2012. I will be there and checking out all the cool new gear at the Gibson booth. I wonder what signature guitars will be there this year and what artists will be there also.

Anyone have a clue on this? I can not wait for this show and all the cool swag to get. [thumbup]

I will not make it to winter NAMM again this year. One day I will get to Winter NAMM. I have been going to Summer NAMM for almost 10 years now but never made it to the Winter show.

Motorcitychick, please post some photos for us from NAMM.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost time for the winter Namm Show 2012. I will be there and checking out all the cool new gear at the Gibson booth. I wonder what signature guitars will be there this year and what artists will be there also.

Anyone have a clue on this? I can not wait for this show and all the cool swag to get. [thumbup]

I'm hoping they'll present the belated 50th Anniversary upgrade to the SG finally. Some of the '11 offerings were really spiffy (aside from the godawful decal on the headstock front which should've been a truss rod cover or REAR-headstock decal), but some of us were really hoping to see the reintroduction of the USA '61 Reissue w/Maestro, the much-needed and long-overdue tweaks to perfect the cosmetic appearance of bodies (adjustments to outline, slight beveling relocation and start tapering the horn-tips) on the Historic/Custom Shop SG's and a Historic/CS SG JUNIOR model. Would also be quite cool to see the new "Aged Cherry" finish offered along with "as new CHERRY" on them as an alternative to "Faded Cherry" (or as I prefer to call it "FEY-DED Cherry" or just "Cheapout Cherry").

Could be that they were possibly waiting for the "official" anniversary of the actual "SG" name (when the "Les Paul" moniker was officially dropped during the epic divorce)...at least that's what I'm hoping. I have G.A.S., but it's selective. ;)

H

• 3 weeks later...

Archived