Gibson Brands Forums

1986 model V2 Epiphone by Gibson

Guest pentagram

Guest pentagram

Hi all,

I bought this guitar (1986 model V2 epiphone by gibson, serialnumber 6085386)in the late 80's, and i don't find much information about it on the net. The guitar is in excellent condition, because it hasnt been played much en was excellent stored on the attick. Can somebody tell more about this model and what it would be worth today? I personally have the impression that it is rare model.

Foto-E4AESICW-D.jpg

Foto-RAC7KEUC-D.jpg

Foto-H3ONB4HR-D.jpg

Foto-8JPMSVSO-D.jpg

Korean Epi's aren't vintage guitars, nor are they really collector items. You'd be doing good to sell it for it's original street price, but that's if you find the right buyer. There's plenty of Gibsons that haven't held their value all that well; Epi's fare much worse.

BTW, the Gibson V2 was a total disaster financially for Gibson. Not like the guitar's name is held in high esteem.

The Epiphone V2 was the thrid Flying-V model that Epiphone released. Prior to the V2, there was the Model 1140 in 1983 and the 1985 Flying-V that was only made for one year. The V2 looks to me, to be pretty much the same guitar as the Model 1140 with a few changes. The 1140 was made at the Matsumoku factory in Japan, while the V2 was made only a couple of years later in Korea.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there Guest,

i have a black version of the one you shown us in the pictures. i too went through quite some search untill i finally found a name here.

mine is in a lot worse condition and am actually looking for a replacement. seeing you uploaded your pictures on ''mijnalbum.nl'' makes me think you live in Holland (same as me) and was wondering if you're selling it. i bought the black one about 4 years ago for 250 euro's. i obviously had no clue what the age was of the thing, atleast i can say mine's from the same time. and yes, they are rare as hell.

hope you comment back or send me a PM,

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I bought this guitar (1986 model V2 epiphone by gibson, serialnumber 6085386)in the late 80's, and i don't find much information about it on the net. The guitar is in excellent condition, because it hasnt been played much en was excellent stored on the attick. Can somebody tell more about this model and what it would be worth today? I personally have the impression that it is rare model.

Foto-E4AESICW-D.jpg

Foto-RAC7KEUC-D.jpg

Foto-H3ONB4HR-D.jpg

Foto-8JPMSVSO-D.jpg

Poking for a bump. Still interested :D

Archived