Gibson Brands Forums

My Epis

soundgardener75

I love Epis because they're affordable to get on craigslist and I get to try out different pickups on 'em to sound how I want to.

G400 Cherry with P-94R neck and Burstbucker 3, tuned to Eb.

Les Paul Standard with SD P-Rails, tuned to Eb.

Gothic Les Paul with DiMarzio Eric Johnson neck and 36th Anniversary PAF bridge, tuned to C#.

And two underway:

G400 Ebony: I bought it from an ex-bandmate when our ex-singer accidentally knocked it over and broke the headstock. I'm putting SD P-Rails also, but with the Alnico 8 P-Rails Hot on the bridge, plus the Triple Shots so I'll have alll four sounds on it. Will be tuned to standard.

Les Paul Studio in black: I helped a friend score a part-time job, so I jokingly said to give me his LP Studio as a reward if he lands it. Sure enough he did land that job. I'll have DiMarzios Humbucker From Hell and Tone Zone in it

I'll post vids whenever I can!

post-56295-060951800 1366349873_thumb.jpg

post-56295-011207100 1366350343_thumb.jpg

I have the Goth les Paul but the only thing I did to mine was to remove the pickguard . I think it looks much better without it, plus I have some Gold Bell hat knobs on their way which I'm going to put on it. I also have a G-400 but it's the faded vintage series in Cherry red. I haven't swapped out any of the pickups because I think they sound great IMO.

Archived