Gibson Brands Forums

Three Les Paul Juniors

Stoopalini

Still in process of cataloging this guitar collection, and thought you guys would appreciate these three Juniors :D

1957 Les Paul Junior - Single Cutaway, Single Pickup

I dated this one using POT codes, and the back of the peg head looks to have been painted at some point.

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

1961 Les Paul Junior - Double Cutaway, Single Pickup

The serial # is clear on this one, and it sounds/plays great

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

1961 Les Paul Junior - Double Cutaway, Double Pickup

Also has clear serial # and plays great

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

Looks like someone carved their name (and possibly a phone #?) into the back of the peg head though :(

IMG_0797.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm almost to the end of documenting the collection, Only 8 more to go (of which 5 are Gibsons) ;)

I'm trying to post all the Gibsons I come across in the forum, but there are a few non-Gibsons which are quite interesting (1979 BR Rich Mockingbird Supreme, '57 Telecaster, 3 1960 Fender Basses, etc ...)

Thanks guys, I'm almost to the end of documenting the collection, Only 8 more to go (of which 5 are Gibsons) ;)

I'm trying to post all the Gibsons I come across in the forum, but there are a few non-Gibsons which are quite interesting (1979 BR Rich Mockingbird Supreme, '57 Telecaster, 3 1960 Fender Basses, etc ...)

An original '57 telecaster might fetch a pretty penny depending on the color and condition.

Also, the second two cherry red ones, does the color extend into the control cavities? Just asking for reference as they look to be pretty original in condition.

An original '57 telecaster might fetch a pretty penny depending on the color and condition.

Also, the second two cherry red ones, does the color extend into the control cavities? Just asking for reference as they look to be pretty original in condition.

Ya, the '57 is a gem ... although it's been reworked pretty heavily with a refinish in natural, pickguard swap, it has period correct tuners but also has other mounting holes (like someone had non-'57 tuners on it at some point and switched back). I have a thread in the Tele forum, if you're interested in seeing it?

Good question on the control cavities. I didn't get pictures of the cavities, and these 3 guitars are back to the climate controlled storage facility. Unfortunately, I don't have enough room to store all 34 guitars at once; so we're swapping them in and out as I go through and document/research them.

To be honest, I didn't even realize they were cherry red. I thought they were just natural finishes ... DOH!

1366898745[/url]' post='1366554']

Ya, the '57 is a gem ... although it's been reworked pretty heavily with a refinish in natural, pickguard swap, it has period correct tuners but also has other mounting holes (like someone had non-'57 tuners on it at some point and switched back). I have a thread in the Tele forum, if you're interested in seeing it?

Good question on the control cavities. I didn't get pictures of the cavities, and these 3 guitars are back to the climate controlled storage facility. Unfortunately, I don't have enough room to store all 34 guitars at once; so we're swapping them in and out as I go through and document/research them.

To be honest, I didn't even realize they were cherry red. I thought they were just natural finishes ... DOH!

laugh.gif

Archived