Gibson Brands Forums

Dealing with Heat and Humidity??

Rocksully

How can I safely use and store my Gibson in a very hot humid environment? I will be overseas in a few months, for the summer, and I am very concerned at how to keep my guitar from warping in this new location. I will be in Bermuda for 9 months and I really dont want to have my guitar damaged. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

heat and humidity are as bad as cold and dry instead of a humidifier you need desiccant pack in the cases to suck up extra moisture in the air. ow can desiccant bags but lots of stores have them in shipments of clothes and other items that moisture harms. i asked at a mall store and they were happy to get rid of it by the box. in heat always remember fast temperature crack nitro so don russ between A/C cold air and a hot case from outside. in hot weather never leave a guitar in the car the rapid change and high temps can cause heavy damage

I believe you can also get these desiccant packs at places that sell accessories for travel trailers, etc. My parents used to put them in the cupboards of their trailer when they stored it for the winter to keep the moisture from causing mold, damaging the wood etc.

Archived