Gibson Brands Forums

1955 histotic soft shoulder model

Mr.Green

Hello guys,

I'm new here, I play guitar for 20 years.

its almost a year that I'm searching for the above model

1955 Historic soft shoulder black LP.

I've checked Willdwood guitar and Musician friend but they say its out of stock.

I realy like to buy it new, maybe someone know a dealer who has it

Thanks in advance

No. Sorry.

Just on the off-chance you didn't already know, there were four different versions of the Les Paul Custom given the '55 soft-shoulder treatment.

Here they are. Click on the "View 55 Virtual Catalogue" link;

http://www.musicians...d-Refin/m712207

It was for a very few exclusive dealers and Musicians Friend seems to have been the main one so if they don't have it nor can get it then I suggest a call to Gibson Customer Services direct to find out who else was given stock.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

P.

No. Sorry.

Just on the off-chance you didn't already know, there were four different versions of the Les Paul Custom given the '55 soft-shoulder treatment.

Here they are. Click on the "View 55 Virtual Catalogue" link;

http://www.musicians...d-Refin/m712207

It was for a very few exclusive dealers and Musicians Friend seems to have been the main one so if they don't have it nor can get it then I suggest a call to Gibson Customer Services direct to find out who else was given stock.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

P.

thanks !

I will call them

Musicians Friend and Wild Wood were the only dealers to sell them . They were made only in 2010-11 IIRC . WildWood has 3-4 left but none in black .MF has a few more , but also none in black . They Rarely come on they market used .

The Black 1 is the BB model

I saw that music123 and tonmann Germany had them in the past few months, so I'm sure there are others . Gibson dont give any help, I asked customer service who has them now and they told me to ask every Gibson authorise dealer if they have it in stock. I tried Sam ash's website but there's no contact email. So if anyoe knows how to contact them that would be helpful . Is there any other Gibson lp with burstbackers who has the same sound quality like this 1955 Hisoric model?

Archived