Gibson Brands Forums

P90 for an R6 ???

EMEAQUI

Hello everybody !!

I am lucky to get a great Les Paul reissue R6 with its original P90 pickups

,.., it sounds fantastic really ,.., but I would like to change

I am thincking to change the puickups ,.., could you suggest me wich ones would sound better ???

I have listened that the best are the P90 from Lollar o Lindy Fralin ???

Anyone have tested them ???,.,Anyone knows the difference between both ????

Any other possibility ???

Thanks a lot

Tim

thanks for your answer

Sure the way you suggest is the best,.., but I don't think my luthier was ready to do that work and wait for my selection,..,je,je

I refer if there was any comparative between differents sounds of P90 trying to brief the way or maybe if somenone had tasted differents P90 and could try to explain the differences

Anyway , thanks a lot for your repply

• 2 weeks later...

Like Tim said, they both are good. A big part of the sound/tone is going to be the guitar body so you may get the best and highly recommended pickup and it not be good at all in your guitar but fantastic in a different guitar. Your amp and other things like cables, pedals, etc. all play a part in the tone. I do like working with Jason Lollar though. How many other pickup winders can you actually call and talk to with his reputation and still get a fairly priced pickup? If you cannot afford 2 sets at once, try one set and if you don't like them get a different set. If there was one best set, all the other guys would go out of business. The tone you are looking for is in your mind and ears.

Archived