Gibson Brands Forums

Locking Gold Keystone Tuners

T-Black

I've got a '13 Custom with gold Grover keystone tuners and I am looking to replace them with locking ones. Grover makes a gold locking keystone tuner but they are exclusive to a particular LP model and you can't buy them separately (according to Gibson).

I was thinking of buying the Grover gold kidney bean locking tuners and was wondering if I could take the kidney bean tuning knob off and replace it with the keystone knobs from my LP. Has anyone tried this? Also does anyone have any source for gold keystone locking tuners.

Thanks!!

Can't you just buy the tuners you want from Grover? Or an accessory retailer? Sewmac advertising a couple different sets in gold for about $75.

They don't sell the gold keystone style in the locking tuners, just the kidney bean style. Can't find gold keystone style locking tuners anywhere.

You can't always get what you want....But sometimes you get what you need.

I don't think Grover makes Gold, Keystone, and Locking all in one machine. Kluson and Gotoh do, but then they are not Grovers. Grover makes gold locking, but not keystone style. [crying]

Archived