Gibson Brands Forums

Sweetwater Exclusive-Songwriter Deluxe Mahogany Cutaway Sunburst

robekert

I posted a few threads in the past few days about my impending purchase of a Songwriter Deluxe Rosewood Cutaway or non cutaway for that matter. Well Sweetwater, who I buy from, just threw something else into the mix. They have a Songwriter Deluxe Mahogany Cutaway in Antique and Sunburst finishes. Choices, choices, choices. Unfortunately they do not have a photo yet of the guitars as they just got it in today. One thing nice about Sweetwater, if you did not know, is that they do not use stock photos of the guitars they have in on hand. They post photos and serial numbers of the guitars in stock so you can pick the exact guitar you want. Sound files of the actual guitars would be awesome........dare to dream. Here is the link to the page.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SSCDSEVS

Rob

here gibson goes again! lol. it has been a comment running through many threads that gibson's lack of adherence to spec and model lines have caused much joy/confusion for buyers/collectors/appreciators alike.

with regard to this one, i'm guessing it would sound like a hummingbird as the swd rw is similar spec-wise already. nid2007 has a beautiful VB swd. this is one gorgeous guitar and hog is a nice variation.

They are posting some pictures of the guitars. Looks like the Vintage Sunburst went quickly. That is what I ordered. The pictures are a bit over exposed on the backs. I can't imagine the mahogany being that washed out. The only difference that I see between the Mahogany and Rosewood is the Mahogany neck is not bound. Oh well..........can't have everything. Here is the link:

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/acoustic/all/s03368034/

Rob

Archived