Gibson Brands Forums

SG Original vs. Custom Standard Reissue

aeroslepperin

More of a vintage look, hot hide glue for the neck joint (don't leave it in a hot car), burstbucker pickups to name a few things. I have an SG original but have never played any Custom shop. It will probably sound a feel a bit different than the SG Original. For me, the more you pay, the better they get but don't seem to be better by much but I'm sure others might disagree. Try talking to the guy who started the SG Original thread, hbomb76, he's the expert and has a custom shop SG as well as an original.

More of a vintage look, hot hide glue for the neck joint (don't leave it in a hot car), burstbucker pickups to name a few things. I have an SG original but have never played any Custom shop. It will probably sound a feel a bit different than the SG Original. For me, the more you pay, the better they get but don't seem to be better by much but I'm sure others might disagree. Try talking to the guy who started the SG Original thread, hbomb76, he's the expert and has a custom shop SG as well as an original.

thanks!

Archived