Gibson Brands Forums

05 Epiphone les paul standard

EvoRider

I changed both the pickups to a PAF 57 classic and a 57 classic plus Gibson pickups. But I am just not completely happy I do have a 61 reissue Epiphone sg with a signature Angus young and I love the sound of it. the Angus young just seems to tickle my ear's the way I like. I mean the 57 classic plus is ok I guess what I am asking is do yall think the angus young signature will sound as good in my les paul as it does in my SG? I already have a new Angus young ready to put in I just didn't want to go thru all the trouble for nothing..

The same PU's will sound different one guitar to the next, even the same model of guitar, and there will be more difference between an SG and LP. Fat body/short neck/single cutaway isn't going to sound the same as a thin body/long neck/double cutaway.

Not surprised about the '57's, I don't care for them myself, there's certainly better PAF's. One of the best PAF's you can buy today are Duncan's 'Seth Lovers.' They were developed by Seymour Duncan and Seth Lover (the guy who invented humbuckers) to sound like the original 1950's PAF's. They have an open, airy sound, and lots of texture and dynamics. I have pairs in a couple Epi LP Stds and a Dot.

Archived