Gibson Brands Forums

Looking to Identify 60's Era Gibson

Adcock

Hi everyone, this is my first time being here.

A while ago I inherited an old Gibson classical guitar from my father when he passed away. I was just hoping somebody could tell me what model it may be. I don't think it's very valuable but I can't seem to find anything else that looks quite like it.

I'm pretty sure that it's from the 60's but I don't know much more than that.

I've attached a few pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

post-57403-073775000 1370539629_thumb.jpg

post-57403-042805200 1370539644_thumb.jpg

post-57403-061271200 1370539696_thumb.jpg

If there's binding on the front and back it's a C-1, if only binding on top it's a C-0. Also the C-1 was a glossy finish and the C-0 was matte or satin.

I got a C-0 in 1963, my first "good" guitar. It was a pretty good but not great classical. I sold mine in '82 to finance my current Gibson, a F-25, but I wouldn't mind still having it for pretty much the same reason you have for yours, my now deceased little brother learned to play on it and all the dings, bangs and scrapes he put on it would be a nice reminder of him

If there's binding on the front and back it's a C-1, if only binding on top it's a C-0. Also the C-1 was a glossy finish and the C-0 was matte or satin.

I got a C-0 in 1963, my first "good" guitar. It was a pretty good but not great classical. I sold mine in '82 to finance my current Gibson, a F-25, but I wouldn't mind still having it for pretty much the same reason you have for yours, my now deceased little brother learned to play on it and all the dings, bangs and scrapes he put on it would be a nice reminder of him

Ooops,double post.

Archived