Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge on Epi Les Paul wobbling??

KNuw

So, I took my Epi Les Paul Prophecy out the case to check it out today and I noticed that both the bridge and stop bar are wobbling.I was under the impression that these two pieces shouldn't move at all. Should I be worried about this or invest in replacements?? Thanks in advance!

Hi KNuw. Can you describe the wobbling a bit further? Is this when the stings are loaded and tensioned up to tune? Exactly what parts are wobbling (for instance, the removable parts, or the two feet driven into the body top)? The upper removable parts can move or wobble if there is no string tension on them. Also, the height adjustment screws are meant to move for adjusting, but not normally wobbly unless the string are off. So the answer is yes or no depending on the circumstances.

Hi KNuw. Can you describe the wobbling a bit further? Is this when the stings are loaded and tensioned up to tune? Exactly what parts are wobbling (for instance, the removable parts, or the two feet driven into the body top)? The upper removable parts can move or wobble if there is no string tension on them. Also, the height adjustment screws are meant to move for adjusting, but not normally wobbly unless the string are off. So the answer is yes or no depending on the circumstances.

Hey, thanks for responding so quickly :-). The stings are currently off of it becuse one of my tuning pegs are broken and i'm waiting for a new set of locking tuners. Anyway, it's just the top of the bridge and stopbar...the mounts attached to the body don't move at all. I think I may have freaked out and overreacted. What you are saying about these parts moving without string tension makes sense! So, I think everything is okay based on your post.

Hey, thanks for responding so quickly :-). The stings are currently off of it becuse one of my tuning pegs are broken and i'm waiting for a new set of locking tuners. Anyway, it's just the top of the bridge and stopbar...the mounts attached to the body don't move at all. I think I may have freaked out and overreacted. What you are saying about these parts moving without string tension makes sense! So, I think everything is okay based on your post.

no worries there !!

the bridge & tp can flop around like a fish w/no string tension on them.

sorry to hear about the broken tuner.....but locking tuners ROCK !!

no worries there !!

the bridge & tp can flop around like a fish w/no string tension on them.

sorry to hear about the broken tuner.....but locking tuners ROCK !!

Yes, they do! I got a set of black Hipshot locking tuners! I heard they're great and cannot wait to install them. They should by here by Monday! Can't wait because I have been without my baby for a month now. I also ordered a set of black speed knobs to replace the metal barrel knobs that came stock with the LP Prophecy! I will post pics of the finished product soon!

Archived