Gibson Brands Forums

Epi RCCE Masterbilt

mcr774

I don't know if this is the same as has been posted about the noises from the Esonic2, but here goes.

Just bought off GC used RCCE, (not refurb)love the sound, love the feel, love the look.... but... I have a high chirping (tweeting like a bird almost) sound from my amp, not really a buzzing, but sitting in front of my Crate TAO30 acoustic amp, if I hold the guitar a certain way no tweeting noise from the amp unless I move a certain way for the nanomag. I wouldn't say it's a loud buzzing like others have mentioned, but if I turn the volume up then it get's over whelming. I good with the nanomag over powering the shadow mag to balance out, but the chirping I can't deal with.

Now, I've stood 10ft away from the amp, same thing. So it doesn't matter if I'm close, far, right or left of it.

I gotta say, I like it over all but not really interested in buying an acoustic then spending more money for a different pickup...

From what I've read... I think I'm better just to wash my hands and take advantage of the 30 day return policy with GC, this one though does pain me a bit to return. I want to like so bad but just don't have the funds or patience to fight with this thing to keep putting money into it just so I can play at church and gigs. I already have 3 reg acoustics, this is my only acoustic electric.

Epiphone pick ups are loaded with defects and reports of malfunctioning. A Masterbilt is a good guitar, but the Esonic pick ups are just more cheap garbage from Epiphone. I expect to have to change all the pick ups on my Epi's and masterbilts in the future. I just don't think Epiphone cares anymore about its guitars, pick ups or anything else. They can't even keep their top sellers in stock which they make in China. As of this date July 10th, 2013...try and find a single Epiphone Hummingbird, and several other popular models in the entire country..none. Musicians Friend..none...Guitar Center..none...Sweetwater... none...That slow boat from China sure must be moving mighty slow. And by the time it gets here..I'll be gone, and off buying from another maker.

Well... I went to GC to return it but we plugged into 3 different amps, used 3 different cords and nothing... sounded just fine. Took it to church and same thing nothing, no hum no chirping so that leads me to think I have some ground issues at home. So I took it back home to try it again.

But what's the difference between the one's made in Indonesia and China? Mine is made in China and I had thought these came from Indonesia with a serial number: 1007XXXXXX

Anyone else notice you can flex the neck pretty easily on a RCCE or are the others than same way?

Thanks for the help

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...

...But what's the difference between the one's made in Indonesia and China? Mine is made in China and I had thought these came from Indonesia with a serial number: 1007XXXXXX

Anyone else notice you can flex the neck pretty easily on a RCCE or are the others than same way?

Thanks for the help

Matthew

I was told that my new one is from Indonesia. It has a wider nut (1 13/16) and a big thick V neck, while my earlier guitar has 1 3/4" nut and a low profile oval neck shape.

On the question of the flexi neck, I left the older RCCE with friends in Hawai`i, strung with mediums plus heavier E, A, and high E. At the time this was my setup for playing in open F (C F C F A C) or F taropatch. Unfortunately someone tuned the guitar to standard and when I returned the neck was bowed pretty badly. To my amazement it straightened out when I reduced the tension and gave the truss rod a mild tweak.

I don't use strings that heavy any more, I put a note on the guitar warning that the strings are mediums and should not be tuned up to standard, and I leave it with different friends <grin>.

Fran

Archived