Gibson Brands Forums

Surfin with my 335

Don335

I play in a little three piece surf band and we had a last minute gig last weekend so I grabbed my 2011 ES-335 w/Bigsby..and what can I say...335's are killer for instrumental surf music! I was just wondering if anyone else is using a Gibson for surf music? I'm really amazed at how well 57 PAF's sound for this particular genre of music?

Don335 [thumbup]

That sounds very interesting... [thumbup]

Surf music in general seems to be associated with S/C guitars like Strats, Jazzmasters, Mustangs etc

So it would be nice to hear more about the set-up in terms of amps and fx...

And, of course...we want a sound clip... [biggrin]

V

:-({|=

One of the guitar players in The Sentinals of Latin'ia fame played an ES-335.

I occasionally (very rarely) sit on with a '50's-style rock band and when I do they add a half-dozen surfy tunes to their setlists. I use one of my Johnny A's and it always sounds great.

243bf601.jpg

Danny W.

That sounds very interesting... [thumbup]

Surf music in general seems to be associated with S/C guitars like Strats, Jazzmasters, Mustangs etc

So it would be nice to hear more about the set-up in terms of amps and fx...

And, of course...we want a sound clip... [biggrin]

V

:-({|=

I play my 2011 ES-335 w/BIGSBY thru a FENDER 65 Deluxe reissue, effects are as follows, EB volume pedal, MXR Dyna Comp, Exotic effect AC Booster, Boss Flange, Boss DD-3 delay, MXR Carbon Copy delay, and a Metal Pedal clean boost, and tremolo and reverb straight from the amp. I try to keep the use of the effects to a minimum and try to keep the sound as clean as I can...like I said this 335 does it for me! [thumbup]

Don335

Archived