Gibson Brands Forums

Some of the negative press - feeling a little apprehensive

Wondo

I am feeling a little unsure of going ahead with the Dark Fire. Unfortunately, I just shipped out my Frampton today. With some of the issued I am hearing about and the fact that there is no owners manual, I am not sure I want to do this. Altough the guitars sounded so promising. But, since the hype started we now have:

No RIP, No Ableton, No Guitar Rig, No Manual. Problems with charging and MCK problems. I think I may have made a bad move. Bu, I have not bought mine yet, but it is slated to ship soon from Gibson to my dealer. What should I do?Maybe buy a Moog guitar instead.?

Gibson called me today to re-confirm my ship address as to where they need to send the "RIP Package". I'm sure that's when all the software and various manuals will arrive. It's been a pain and I don't agree with Gibson's method of selling this guitar. They handled it poorly, in my estimation.

(I don't like FAXing over my receipt; giving over the serial number; and providing a vendor my personal information JUST to make a purchase. I don't like the feeling of first handing over lots of money with the idea that I'd get a product on a specific day -- but, then be put in limbo at the last minute as to when I <might> receive the product. I don't like that vital parts of the purchase were, literally, held hostage until I (was "forced" to) call Gibson with data. I WANT to be anonymous and detached).

At the end of the day, it all comes out in the wash, eh? All will be made right.

I am feeling a little unsure of going ahead with the Dark Fire. Unfortunately' date=' I just shipped out my Frampton today. With some of the issued I am hearing about and the fact that there is no owners manual, I am not sure I want to do this. Altough the guitars sounded so promising. But, since the hype started we now have:

No RIP, No Ableton, No Guitar Rig, No Manual. Problems with charging and MCK problems. I think I may have made a bad move. Bu, I have not bought mine yet, but it is slated to ship soon from Gibson to my dealer. What should I do?Maybe buy a Moog guitar instead.?[/quote']

Wondo I have the same feeling of apprehension as you and I am sure Gibson will lose some customers due to the delay. That's why sales people never want you to leave and come back later or tommorrow because they know that given time to contemplate and research a purchase some people are gonna change their minds.

I really want this guitar (Heart talking) but there is just something nagging inside of me that makes me a little unsure, my biggest concern being the apparent fragility of the MCK, all the other issues I could easily live with.

Also the fact that Ebay re-sellers have not yet shifted one DF makes me think there is not an unprecedented demand and I could wait a little longer to see if there are any bigger of longer term issues.

But all this said the dealer I have ordered from offres a 14 day money back guarentee so I may still wait for my DF's arrival and make an informed decision once it is in my hands, which at the moment is sort of a calender lotto as the date changes daily.

Archived