Gibson Brands Forums

End of Current Model Production Runs

soundjunkie

Is there any possible way to determine when a Re-Issue model guitar will be stopped in production. I'm nervously awaiting a guitar that has been promised to me and is due to be delivered from Gibson to a brick and mortar dealer in a few weeks. Checking a couple on-line dealer sites I see that it is no longer available and no more on order. Should I pull the trigger on any available ones or wait three more weeks? I'm assuming a call to Gibson Customer Service would be pointless. [confused]

I'm assuming a call to Gibson Customer Service would be pointless.

Most likely as Gibson, or any mfg, is very unlikely to give out production details to the consumer.

Even your "brick & mortar" shop generally has to request information through their "sales rep", and then he has to request that info from the factory. The best way to get the info you want is to stay on your shop to stay on their rep to stay on the factory. Many times each party even has to become a nuisance to the next party up the food chain to get "real" answers.

Be prepared to cordially explain that you will not except "I Dunno" as an answer!

Archived