Gibson Brands Forums

League of Rock

davidl

I think it is a Canadian endeavor. Please google it.

The idea is that it is geared for adults who want to have a chance to get on stage and play with a band.

You fill out a profile of your likes, dislikes, your ability level and show up for a meet and greet at a music club.

Then there is a draft where you are put together with other players and you form a band.

It is a 10 week session where there is rehearsal space setup for you every Wednesday night to learn 3 or 4 songs together. You are coached by (in our case) Canadian musical personalities like Peter Fredette from the Kim Mitchell band, Les Emerson from 5 man Electrical band, **** and Brian Cooper of the Cooper brothers, Jazz/Blues players and singers like JW Jones and Rebecca Abbott among others. Around week 5 or 6, you play a live venue on stage, again at week 8 and finally again at wee 10. All at top area clubs. You also go to a professional recording studio and record one of your songs.

It is something I would highly recommend for anyone wanting to get out of the basement or garage and see what it is like to play in front of a live audience. We had packed houses and received great responses. The final show was videotaped and should be available in a week or 2.

I surprised myself at how much fun it was on stage. Nervous before but once we started, it was like I've always been there.

My role was guitar and I played most of the lead parts. Our songs were, Mustang Sally, Long train running, Bad case of loving you and All right now. Our session had 3 bands and we each played our songs at each show.

What a great experience.

Dave

Archived