Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson es 335 dot finish finish and binding

eltasoulinho

Hello, i would like ta ask a question about my es 335 finish. I bought the guitar from thomann.de about a month ago. Is it nitro lacquer finish or poly?

I also have a second question.Something's wrong with my binding, is it binding or is it just colour? As you can see in the picture, this is not perfect. I dont mind about it but i just want to know what happened there. thanks you all :)

post-60358-061513700 1383660005_thumb.jpg

1383660037[/url]' post='1445790']

Hello, i would like ta ask a question about my es 335 finish. I bought the guitar from thomann.de about a month ago. Is it nitro lacquer finish or poly?

I also have a second question.Something's wrong with my binding, is it binding or is it just colour? As you can see in the picture, this is not perfect. I dont mind about it but i just want to know what happened there. thanks you all :)

Gibson does not use poly. Also, on the glossy finished models, I would be surprised if that wasn't real binding. What is the model name of that guitar?

Lovely guitar... [thumbup]

I know because I have that exact guitar...from a few years ago

Would never buy from a 'warehouse merchant', but that is just personal preference

A guitar of that calibre deserves to be purchased from a live dealer/shop

To help stem the tide of internet over-kill and 'box shifting' mentality...

V

:-({|=

Lovely guitar... [thumbup]

I know because I have that exact guitar...from a few years ago

Would never buy from a 'warehouse merchant', but that is just personal preference

A guitar of that calibre deserves to be purchased from a live dealer/shop

To help stem the tide of internet over-kill and 'box shifting' mentality...

V

:-({|=

I agree with you, and i hope i could buy the guitar from a store..but i live in greece....only a few people here are playing with an es 335 so the music stores barely have some es 335 models! they were telling me that they dont have the specific colour or whatever...so i bought it from the ineternet....

It seems to me that most "quality" questions I've read on the forum has to do with instruments that have had relatively long shipment times and little or no "checking" by the internet firm before shipping to the end user.

I'll wager that the factory found the guitar met specs - but travel to Europe, then the distances to Greece... I've got to admit I'm not personally surprised there may be some potential problems.

Personally I will not buy a guitar much over $500 US unless I have played it. My distances are more than 400 miles to the nearest stores with Gibsons. Since I do not have opportunity to travel... no new Gibsons.

m

It seems to me that most "quality" questions I've read on the forum has to do with instruments that have had relatively long shipment times and little or no "checking" by the internet firm before shipping to the end user.

I'll wager that the factory found the guitar met specs - but travel to Europe, then the distances to Greece... I've got to admit I'm not personally surprised there may be some potential problems.

Personally I will not buy a guitar much over $500 US unless I have played it. My distances are more than 400 miles to the nearest stores with Gibsons. Since I do not have opportunity to travel... no new Gibsons.

m

hehe thanks for the replay :)

That binding edge does look odd. May be a quality control issue.

Archived