Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone have a Dark Fire he is satisfied with without any problems

sshep

I would like to know if any guitarist is confident enough to use this guitar as one of their main axes and loves it enough. Why no binding on the neck? Forget the tech. Would you buy this guitar for what it has as a purely analog instrument because if the answer is no then maybe it is not worth it. Thanks

No bubbles; no troubles... Even without a manual...

The info from Tronical is great and with careful reading of it and the Quick Start Guide, all the features seem to be working just fine... I have absolutely no trouble with the MCK and it also functions as specified... Volume, Tone (and MCK as "Tone") work fine... Battery life is fine, though I really don't know how long it lasts under continuous "active mode" use. Charger/splitter works and you can play while charging just fine.

I really like the Acoustic sound.. The neck is wonderful. Sustain, whoa... Forgetting the electronics, this guitar is built very well -- it is elegant, in my opinion. I've noticed it is built with various features of other Les Pauls: the 2008 Standard, the Robot Limited, ... even the inlays like the HD.6X Digital, the pickups from the Gary Moore BFG, ... etc.

I may be a bit slower than others on this board, but that's because I'm taking my time to read; learn; try in my own way. I'm having more and more fun at each sitting. Perhaps some of the upset users are not using patience. One can easily mis-understand the MCK. As you know, an excited person wants to jump right in. But, you DO need to take time to really learn the functions if you want to fully manipulate the sounds.

There are some bumps, but nothing (so far) that you can't find a work-around.

Oh, did I mention that you need a PhD before you're allowed to work the MCK? =D>

No bubbles; no troubles... Even without a manual...

I have absolutely no trouble with the MCK and it also functions as specified... Volume' date=' Tone (and MCK as "Tone") work fine... Battery life is fine, though I really don't know how long it lasts under continuous "active mode" use. Charger/splitter works and you can play while charging just fine.

[/color']

Thats great its working so well for you RS.

Could you elaborate ? Are you saying you can control the volume/tone of the PIEZO while the signal is split?

If so, what proceedure did you use?

thanks

back on topic....

RS ... the MCK and it also functions as specified... Volume, Tone (and MCK as "Tone") work fine... Battery life is fine, though I really don't know how long it lasts under continuous "active mode" use. Charger/splitter works and you can play while charging just fine.

... all other reports are to the contrary and users CANNOT control the Piezo volume and tone. How are you achieving this??

Archived