Gibson Brands Forums

Question about Ace Frehley Budokan Serial

Parasite68

Hi everyone! I am new to this site and have been enjoying reading all the posts. I do have a question about an Ace Frehley Budokan epi that I just recently purchased.

I just got it off of eBay. It comes with the original budokan case, coa, pick of ace, binder and the eagle sticker. It is #554 out of 1000. I am puzzled about the serial number as I have entered it into the dater project website and it says:

Your guitar was made at the Qingdao plant (epiphone) China November 2012

Production # 16265

My concern is the production number. If these were limited to a thousand , shouldn't the production number be under 1000 or am I misunderstanding something? Please tell me I didn't blow money on a fake! The serial number is stamped, not engraved on the back of the headstock. The headstock has the epiphone custom shop seal, white E inspection sticker saying 100% set up and inspected in USA and a small black oval sticker that reads handcrafted in China. Also has small white QC inspection sticker. The pick guard has a barcode scanner sticker for smartphones.

Anyone, please help! I can give the actual serial number if needed if someone can help!

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Archived