Gibson Brands Forums

Probucker Humbucking pickups with built in tuner

Rabosot Dave

Hi.

Is it possible to buy the Probucker Humbucking Pickups with the Built in tuner ?if so where from?.I want to retrofit one of my guitars with two Probucker Pickups one without the built in tuner and the other with the tuner.

I've tried them on a friends ultra 339 (I also hope to have one soon) and the sound mixed with the Nano mag is absolutely magic,,,deep and full and then with the nano mag that extra brilliance to the sound. so good for some blues and prog rock.

Dave.

You are right,I didn't think it would of been with the coils or magnet,(don't know how its all assembled),,,would be a crying shame not to be able to buy it,,,it would be so useful on any guitar,,the same as you can customize guitars with different things,pickups,bridges,tremmalos,machine heads etc,,,I'm sure Epiphone would sell thousands.thanks for your answer

dave.

You are right,I didn't think it would of been with the coils or magnet,(don't know how its all assembled),,,would be a crying shame not to be able to buy it,,,it would be so useful on any guitar,,the same as you can customize guitars with different things,pickups,bridges,tremmalos,machine heads etc,,,I'm sure Epiphone would sell thousands.thanks for your answer

dave.

I agree. This would be a great item to sell as a stand-alone compnent to add to an existing guitar. I have a feeling that it has been proprietized for Epiphone though...at least for the moment.

Many thanks €pi Wiki Team,

I shall contact them,and see if it is possible to purchase one from them or from a local supplier here in Spain.

Shortly I will be buying a Ultra 339,to add to my collection,,,,but also I have a Crafter ET65/ceq/os,which has an acoustic pick up with a 9vdc supply,,,,so me thinks one of these pickups with the Tuner fitted in or near the sound hole would add another dimension to it.Could be more feed back and obviously will have to add some extra controls,not problem there.

I will let you know how I get on.

Rabosot Dave.

Hi,having just looked at the Shadow page,,,very interesting,,,,I didn't realize that the tuner could be bought separately at a very reasonable price from Thomann in germany.they also do a sound hole version also at a reasonable price......I can see my Gibson L.P.Studio (swamp Ash) getting a modification very shortly.

Many thanks for your help.

Rabosot Dave.

You can purchase the tuner ring right here

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-SH-HBTCT-CR-Humbucker-Curved-Guitars/dp/B005SUXM0C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390191424&sr=8-1&keywords=humbucker+tuner+ring

Hi.

Is it possible to buy the Probucker Humbucking Pickups with the Built in tuner ?if so where from?.I want to retrofit one of my guitars with two Probucker Pickups one without the built in tuner and the other with the tuner.

I've tried them on a friends ultra 339 (I also hope to have one soon) and the sound mixed with the Nano mag is absolutely magic,,,deep and full and then with the nano mag that extra brilliance to the sound. so good for some blues and prog rock.

Dave.

Archived