Gibson Brands Forums

Speaking of L-4 guitars

powerwagonjohn

When I was out in San Francisco over the holidays I played a thinbody L-4CES at Guitar Showcase[thanks for the tips guys]. I knew they existed but never played one. The thing was this guitar was painted a pearlesent white with pearl metalflake in the finish. All the gold hardware was heavely engraved, all over the tail pice and pickup covers. To say the least it was over the top and a bit garish. It may have been late 1980's as it had the Gibson Art and Historic decal on the back of the headstock.

On another note I see Gibson is selling new L-4CES guitars with "carved" maple back and sides for a considerable increase in price.

A complete collection of the L-4 types of guitars would interesting to see.

Thanks John

When I was out in San Francisco over the holidays I played a thinbody L-4CES at Guitar Showcase[thanks for the tips guys]. I knew they existed but never played one. The thing was this guitar was painted a pearlesent white with pearl metalflake in the finish. All the gold hardware was heavely engraved, all over the tail pice and pickup covers. To say the least it was over the top and a bit garish. It may have been late 1980's as it had the Gibson Art and Historic decal on the back of the headstock.

On another note I see Gibson is selling new L-4CES guitars with "carved" maple back and sides for a considerable increase in price.

A complete collection of the L-4 types of guitars would interesting to see.

Thanks John

Ughhhh, no pics? STOP! TEASE! [tongue] I vaguely remember seeing a pic of one of these a few years back. Looked like something Elvis would enjoy fursur.

Archived