Gibson Brands Forums

To PCB or not PCB

cjsinla

Lots of Genius types here. How many have two different guitars with the same pickups and different wiring. I don't suppose it could be the woods, or the weight relief, or the string gauge, or the resistance in different circuits, or different potentiometers, or differences in the scale, or the thickness of the body. There are apparently no variables whatsoever between different models of Gibson guitars. Probably an acoustic sounds exactly the same as a Les Paul if You installed the '61 pickups in the soundhole. They may as well only make one Gibson model since they all sound exactly the same. A solidbody acoustic is the wave of the future. They will probably just make the bodies in Nashville, ship them to Montana to have the necks and electronics installed, and just close down Memphis. Then, with only one model, Gibson could close down all dealers and sell mail order only. They could make the mark up that dealers usually make. I can see it all now, and You guys came up with the plan. You should all get a cut from Gibson.

Apologies for my ignorance, but if you hand-unscrew the backplate and leave it off, does the tone breathe better?

No. It has nothing to do with letting it breathe.

It's the unscrewing it by hand that gives you the tone.

Jeez people, this stuff aint rocket science.

Archived