Gibson Brands Forums

Midtown Kalamazoo

zico10

Just completed running in my new Gibson it's awesome

I cannot believe this guitar appears to have been dropped from the catalogue

Until last week,when I was looking for an ES350 in my quest for the Chuck Berry thing, I didn't,t realise this guitar existed

I found one by chance on Ebay and then managed to track down a new one from an authorised dealer here in the UK. Apparently there are only a few shipped to the UK

It does everything I ask it to. It absolutely nails the B. B King and Chuck Berry sound. With the coil taps engaged it even does a passable country sound

Being objective the strings fitted were probably 9's maybe 10's ,as it's a short scale , and as a result felt like rubber bands. I have fitted flat wound 11's which have transformed the feel.

The nut and a couple of the bridge saddle grooves needed 10 minutes with fine emery paper to stop the strings binding, come on Gibson,you need to up your game on quality control. I also used a little graphite sauce in the grooves

More important the bass coil tap was impossible to engage as the tone knob came off in my hand! Again a simple fix for me by widening the post slot but a lot of players would be disappointed by this and taken the guitar back.

This means the guitar was not properly quality checked despite the papers being signed to that effect. Buck up Gibson!

Gripes aside it's a fabulous guitar . I have now gigged it and used it at open mic's , everyone compliments the appearance and sound, I am well impressed with the 57 classic humbuckers.My other

Les Paul's are fitted with Burstbuckers

Fantastic guitar and it seems strange it has been dropped so soon

All best to you all

Stuart , sunny Devon UK

I also purchased one of these as have others on this forum and love the hell out of this guitar. It was announced by Gibson from the onset that this would be a limited edition run so no surprises at this point that they are at least, for now, discontinued. Enjoy! [thumbup]

Archived