Gibson Brands Forums

Replacing Volume Pots (URGENT HELP)

guitardude1

So i got new pots because last year a tech installed new Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Slash Signature pickups into my guitar but he didn't change any of the wiring setup. So i'm fitting new pots to fix the volume taper. A lot of people have said with the wiring i have it would be better to gut it and re-do everything but i am in a rush to get this done as i have a show coming up soon.

The guitar i have is an Epiphone Les Paul PLUSTOP PRO.

Heres a picture, i need to know how i would solder everything back. I have a photo of an old picture with the old pots but i'm not sure how i would solder the wires onto the new pots because they are standard pots and don't have the coil tapping green thing stuck to them.

5y7zao.jpg

Ideally i wan't to do it without cutting the solderless connection clip off.

The new pots you see in the picture are CTS 500K pots. I sanded the pot holes to make space for them before putting them in.

This Gibson website has a really good schematics page:

http://www2.gibson.com/Support/Schematics.aspx

Thanks but i can't find my model. I know by looking at the back of the pickup selector switch, the white wire is the middle one and the red is the neck pickup and the green is the bridge pickup. The green stops showing at the solderless clip though.

Archived