Gibson Brands Forums

AJ-15S RVS

RedCornwall

Hi from the UK!

I just bought my first Epiphone acoustic at the weekend - an ex-display model that had it's price reduced from almost £500 to £350.

According to the model number, it's an AJ-15SRVS. There doesn't seem to be a serial number (is that a bad thing?!) and I can't find any other reference to it on the Web.

It's got gold machine heads, plays really nicely and sounds great, but I just wondered if it's a genuine article. It's from a reputable music shop, so I'm guessing it is, but I found this forum and quickly realised that this is where the real experts are to be found.

Any advice would be gratefully received! I've attached a (not very detailed) photo.

Thanks in advance.

post-65348-055946300 1399980598_thumb.jpg

AJ Advanced Jumbo (round shouldered.

S Solid top.

R Rosewood?

VS Vintage Sunburst

If it is rosewood,& it has gold machines,sounds like you got a good deal.

What does it say on the truss rod cover ?Gibson?

Thanks for the de-coding, El Capitan. That's really helpful! Good question re: the truss rod cover. I'll have a look. Do you think the lack of serial number is suspicious? I'm delighted with the way it plays and sounds, but it's always nice to know you've not been ripped off along the way! Thanks again.

Does it have a paper label? Serial no.should be there.If it has been blacked out it means the guitar has been refurbished.This is unlikely from a UK dealer.A serial no. might be stamped inside the guitar.Since it was sold as ex-display no warranty applies from Epiphone.The dealer may have given you some kind of guarantee,he may even have removed the label to negate warranty.

Does it have a paper label? Serial no.should be there.If it has been blacked out it means the guitar has been refurbished.This is unlikely from a UK dealer.A serial no. might be stamped inside the guitar.Since it was sold as ex-display no warranty applies from Epiphone.The dealer may have given you some kind of guarantee,he may even have removed the label to negate warranty.

There's a paper label inside the guitar, but a blank where the serial number should be (under the model number). I've attached a couple of photos. The truss rod cover says 'Gibson'. Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated!

post-65348-062273400 1400003954_thumb.jpeg

post-65348-054367000 1400003964_thumb.jpeg

post-65348-092575300 1400003970_thumb.jpeg

Archived