Gibson Brands Forums

Will another case work for an ES 339?

Steve Green

I have a Gibson ES 339. My uncle bought it new in about 2008 or 2009. When he passed away in 2011, it went to my dad. Dad's house burned down in September of 2013.

The Gibson was in it's case -- and the case protected the guitar extremely well (The COA & case candy is still in great shape). I had to replace the tuners and nut, but now the guitar is out of the shop and plays and sounds perfect.

My problem is that the case itself is TOAST. Between the fire & the firemen's water hoses, it's a goner. I'd like to purchase a new Gibson case for the guitar, but can't find one anywhere. I can get an Epiphone 339 case from Amazon or Sweetwater for +/- $100 bucks, but I kinda hate to put a Custom Shop Gibson in an Epiphone case. I can find hundreds of 335 cases, but they're too big. I can also find hundreds of Les Paul cases.

Does anyone know if a Les Paul hard case will fit a 339? I'd hate to buy one, and then it wouldn't fit.

I contacted Gibson's world famous 24/7 Customer Support . . . But gotten no response. Thanks.

Steve Green

Natchez, MS

Archived