Gibson Brands Forums

How to order complete custom ES-335

Hugh Person

Ello! I've just compared my carvin sh with my buddy's gibson es, and, well, carvin suck balls. Though es seems to be "made with legs instead of right hands" :\ and carvin has so beautifull wood options and the quality is perfect, but, it's just a shoe-box comparing to the es's tone. Is it possible to order full custom es-335? E.g koa body flame maple top no binding (like on studio) bigsby etc.? Money is not a problem if i end up will have ultimate guitar with everything that I want to have, but what'll be the expected price for it? And is it possible at all?

I have ordered custom Gibsons in past years. In short NO you will NOT be able to order a Gibson with specs which are really way off the mark from what Gibson would normally produce. You would be able to have a guitar made for you with small changes but certainly NOT what you are speaking about here. The only way to go about this is to have a certified Gibson custom shop dealer contact Gibson and get a quote for you in writing in regards to what they can or can not do. Regardless it will NOT be cheap! jim in Maine

Archived