Gibson Brands Forums

John Lennon Les Paul Jr. - a few questions...

emgee

Hi. I just purchased a JL LP, #15 of 300, and have a few questions:

1) the wear on this guitar is more than I expected from the limited pics I had seen before purchasing it via mail. Is this guitar supposed to be so well worn? (E.g., even the pickguard has LOTS of pic scrapes - was this in the design?) ---I asking because I want to be certain I purchase a new guitar, a was represented by Guitar Center, from whom I purchased it.

2) I did not get a few of the items I thought were included with this guitar: artist-signed Lennon print, COA in army green jacket binder and the T-shirt. Please confirm whether these items should have come with this guitar when new.

3) can you tell me from the serial number whether this guitar had been previously sold, or when it was first delivered to the Guitar Center, and to which store?

Thanks,

1) the wear you see is correct.

2) typically it is the dealer's responsibility to get you these items, but let me check to confirm that's the case with this model. if you are not the original owner, you are not entitled to the goodies.

3) this guitar shipped to the GC distribution center in june of 2007...all guitars shipped to GC go to their distribution center first...i never know which exact store ends up with the instrument. Honestly, it's hard for me to believe a guitar this low in the run is just now being sold for the 1st time...

1) the wear you see is correct.

2) typically it is the dealer's responsibility to get you these items' date=' but let me check to confirm that's the case with this model. if you are not the original owner, you are not entitled to the goodies.

3) this guitar shipped to the GC distribution center in june of 2007...all guitars shipped to GC go to their distribution center first...i never know which exact store ends up with the instrument. Honestly, it's hard for me to believe a guitar this low in the run is just now being sold for the 1st time...[/quote']

So, I may not be the first owner. I guess I need to take this up with Guitar Center.

Please do let me know if you find out anything further. Thanks,

according to the folks in shipping' date=' all the JL goodies shipped to GC HQ. i assume they then disbursed them to the stores...so the answer is you should definitely go back to GC for the goodies...good luck![/quote']

will do, thanks.

• 3 years later...

i used to read of the coa going missing on custom guitars a lot back in 2004-5 when i was reading the forums more frequently.

the conventional wisdom was that somewhere along the way, or at the retailers, someone obsconds with them. when i purchased my

johnny a back in 2004, i had a choice from 3. played all 3 extensively. the one i got was totally gunked up with sweat stains everywhere.

i felt certain someone must have taken it out and gigged with it in some bar. that's how bad it was. luckily the coa was still there.

Archived