Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton with Bigsby

JD76

Hi all,

Its my first post & thought I'd share a little project I put together the other week as it may be of interest.

I have had this Korean Sheraton for a few years & had always planned to add a Bigsby, finally got round to it.

I had to move the strap nutton as it was off centre, also used a Towner Tension Bar & stuck a SD 59 in the neck.

The guitar stays in tune well enough & sounds better than ever. I don't mind the stock bridge pup but the neck was just a dark muddy mess.

WP_20140605_009_zpsd67bb63b.jpg

WP_20140605_001_zpsad072527.jpg

WP_20140605_011_zpsab5d70f1.jpg

Welcome JD. That looks great. I'm surprised I haven't seen the Towner bar before, it seems like the perfect answer to not drilling holes and having the tailpiece holes covered.

Nice JD! Dig the pics and thank you for posting. Holler if you have any other questions. Did you get the Towner Hinge-Plate Adaptor as well?

[thumbup][love]

Hi there,

nope just screwed it to the guitar, what's the deal with the hinge plate adaptor?

The Towner Hinge-Plate Adaptor was designed for the Bigsby B3 to raise the strap button out of the hole for easier access to the strap button and relieve the guitar owner from drilling the four extra holes.

10288712_866144720067509_4921535625429025129_n.jpg

Hi there,

nope just screwed it to the guitar, what's the deal with the hinge plate adaptor?

Archived